La forme d’application peut être téléchargée au bas de l’article.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as Temporary Support Teacher in the Roman Catholic Education Authority, MauritiusQUALIFICATIONS
Candidates should possess:
- A. A Cambridge School Certificate with credit in at least five subjects including English Language, French and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings. or
Passes not below Grade C in at least five subjects including English Language, French, Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings at the General Certificate of Education “Ordinary Level” provided that at one of the sittings, passes have been obtained either (i) in five subjects including English Language with at least Grade C in any two subjects or (ii) in six subjects including English Language with at least Grade C in any one subject.
- A Cambridge Higher School Certificate or Passes in at least two subjects obtained
on one certificate at the General Certificate of Education “Advanced Level”.
Equivalent qualifications to A and B above acceptable to the Roman Catholic
- Candidates should be computer literate.
- Candidates not possessing a credit in English Language at the Cambridge School Certificate will also be considered provided they possess passes in at least two subjects at “Principal Level” and one subject at “Subsidiary Level” as well as the General Paper obtained on one certificate at the Cambridge Higher School Certificate Examinations.
- Qualification at 1.A above should have been obtained prior to qualification at 1.B above.
- Qualifications obtained after the closing date for the submission of application will not be accepted.
- Candidates should produce written evidence of knowledge claimed.
Candidates should be between 18 and 40 years of age by the closing date for the submission of applications.
- Selected candidates will be appointed in a temporary capacity in the first instance and will be required to undergo training for a period of at least one year, both theoretical and on-the-job, in all aspects of the work of a Support Teacher at such institutions as approved. On satisfactory completion of the training and on being favourably reported upon, they will be considered for appointment as Support Teacher in a substantive capacity.
Selected candidates will be required, after serving a satisfactory trial period of 15 days, to enter into a bond (which will start as from the date of appointment as Support Teacher in a temporary capacity) together with two sureties in the sum of one hundred and eighty-three thousand rupees (Rs 183,000) to the effect that they will follow and complete the training course and serve in the Roman Catholic Aided Primary Schools in Mauritius for a period of three years as from the date of substantive appointment in the grade of Support Teacher.
DUTIES AND SALARY
- To be responsible to the Head Master of a school or Head Masters of a cluster of schools for the performance of the following duties –
- To provide support to teaching staff of Primary Schools on handling children facing problems in acquiring foundational learning skills so as to give them an opportunity to catch up with academic programmes;
- To select in collaboration with the class teacher, pupils who require special attention and identify their needs for remedial action;
- To work collaboratively with the class teacher for developing appropriate teaching lessons for pupils having learning difficulties;
- To coach pupils needing remedial assistance and developing their self-esteem and self-confidence;
- To prepare appropriate basic teaching materials for teaching and class activities;
- To develop basic reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in pupils having learning difficulties;
- To assess progress made by pupils and on the basis of outcome of assessments, identify those who can join mainstream teaching;
- To ascertain the re-integration of pupils in mainstream classes after catch up programmes through ad hoc assessments and continuous counseling and coaching;
- To work collaboratively with other related institutions to co-ordinate services to pupils having learning difficulties; and
- To supervise the orderly dismissal of his pupils to the mainstream class.
- To use ICT in the performance of his duties.
- To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from the Support Teacher in the roles ascribed to him.
The permanent and pensionable post carries salary in scale Rs 14050 x 275 – 15150 x 300 – 15750 x 325 – 17700 x 375 – 19575 x 475 – 21950 x 625 – 23200 x 775 – 30175 a month plus salary compensation at approved rates.
Appointment in a temporary capacity in the grade carries a flat salary of Rs 14050 a month plus salary compensation at the approved rate.
F MODE OF APPLICATION
- This advertisement together with the application form are available on the website of the diocese of Port-Louis at https://www.dioceseportlouis.org.
- Qualified candidates may also call as from Thursday 14 September 2017 between 9.30 hours and 15.30 hours from Monday to Friday at the Roman Catholic Education Authority, 1, Célicourt Antelme Street, Rose-Hill, Mauritius, to obtain the prescribed form.
- Candidates should submit their application on the prescribed form together with
one photocopy of their academic and birth certificates.
- Applications not made on the prescribed form will not be accepted.
5. Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the application form may entail elimination of
candidates from the selection.
The Roman Catholic Education Authority reserves the right to convene only the best qualified candidates for interview.
Applications should reach the office of the Roman Catholic Education Authority, 1, Célicourt Antelme Street, Rose-Hill, Mauritius, not later than 3 p.m. on Monday 02 October 2017.
12 September 2017
Télécharger la forme d’application : APPLICATION FORMSUPPORTTEACHERS2017