La forme d’application peut être téléchargée au bas de l’article.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates who wish to be considered for enlistment as Trainee Primary School Educator in the Roman Catholic Education Authority, Mauritius for the following fields:-
- Non-Core Subjects – Health and Physical Education and Road Safety/The Arts/Civic and Values Education;
- Kreol Morisien
Candidates should possess:
- A. A Cambridge School Certificate with credit in at least five subjects including English Language, French and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings.
Passes not below Grade C in at least five subjects including English Language, French, Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings at the General Certificate of Education “Ordinary Level” provided that at one of the sittings, passes have been obtained either (i) in five subjects including English Language with at least Grade C in any two subjects or (ii) in six subjects including English Language with at least Grade C in any one subject.
- A Cambridge Higher School Certificate or Passes in at least two subjects obtained on one certificate at the General Certificate of Education “Advanced Level”.
Equivalent qualifications to A and B above acceptable to the Roman Catholic Education Authority.
- Candidates should be computer literate.
- Candidates not possessing a credit in English Language at the Cambridge School Certificate will also be considered provided they possess passes in at least two subjects at “Principal Level” and one subject at “Subsidiary Level” as well as the General Paper obtained on one certificate at the Cambridge Higher School Certificate Examinations.
- Qualification at 1.A above should have been obtained prior to qualification at 1.B above.
- Qualifications obtained after the closing date for the submission of application will not be accepted.
- Candidates should produce written evidence of knowledge claimed.
Candidates should be between 18 and 40 years of age by the closing date for the submission of applications.
- CONDITIONS OF TRAINING AND ALLOWANCE
- The selected candidates will be required to follow a two-year training course, both theoretical and practical, in all aspects of the work of a Primary School Educator, leading to the award of a Teacher’s Diploma (Primary) at such institution as may be approved. Selected candidates will be trained to teach all subjects forming part of the School Curriculum but will be exposed to specialisation in the teaching of the following fields:- (i) Non-Core Subjects – Health and Physical Education and Road Safety/The Arts/Civic and Values Education; OR (ii) Kreol Morisien
- Trainee Primary School Educator will, during the training period, draw an allowance in the scale of Rs 14,325 x 275 – 14,875 a month plus compensation at approved rates. They will, however, have to meet from their allowance their expenditure on such items as books and articles of personal equipment as required.
- On successful completion of their training and, as and when vacancies occur, Trainee Primary School Educator will be considered for appointment to the grade of Primary School Educator. The permanent and pensionable post of Primary School Educator carries salary in the scale of Rs 19,575 x 475 – 21,950 x 625 – 23,200 x 775 – 32,500 x 925 – 35,275 QB 36,200 x 925 – 37,125 x 1225 – 39,575 a month plus salary compensation at approved rates.
Selected candidates will be required, after serving a satisfactory trial period of 15 days, to enter into a bond (which will start as from the date of enlistment) together with two sureties in the sum of four hundred and twenty thousand six hundred and fifty rupees (Rs 420,650) to the effect that they will follow and complete the training course and serve in the Roman Catholic Aided Primary Schools in Mauritius for a period of five years as from the date of appointment in the grade of Primary School Educator.
F MODE OF APPLICATION
- This advertisement together with the application form are available on the Website of the diocese of Port-Louis at https://www.dioceseportlouis.org.
- Qualified candidates may also call as from Thursday 14 September 2017 between 9.30 hours and 15.30 hours from Monday to Friday at the Roman Catholic Education Authority, 1, Célicourt Antelme Street, Rose-Hill, Mauritius, to obtain the prescribed form.
- Candidates should submit their application on the prescribed form together with
one photocopy of their academic and birth certificates.
- Applications not made on the prescribed form will not be accepted.
5. Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the application form may entail elimination of
candidates from the selection.
The Roman Catholic Education Authority reserves the right to convene only the best qualified candidates for interview.
Applications should reach the office of the Roman Catholic Education Authority, 1, Célicourt Antelme Street, Rose-Hill, Mauritius, not later than 3 p.m. on Monday 02 October 2017.
12 September 2017
Télécharger les formes d’application :