Applications are invited from qualified candidates who wish to be considered for enlistment as Trainee Educator (Primary) in the Roman Catholic Education Authority, Mauritius.QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates should possess:
- A. A Cambridge School Certificate with credit in at least five subjects including English Language, French and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings.
passes not below Grade C in at least five subjects including English Language, French, and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings at the General Certificate of Education “Ordinary Level” provided that at one of the sittings, passes have been obtained either (i) in five subjects including English Language with at least Grade C in any two subjects or (ii) in six subjects including English Language with at least Grade C in any one subject .
B. A Cambridge Higher School Certificate or Passes in at least two subjects obtained on one certificate at the General Certificate of Education “Advanced Level”.
Equivalent qualifications to A and B above acceptable to the Roman Catholic Education Authority.
- Candidates should be computer literate (candidates should produce written evidence of knowledge claimed).
- Candidates not possessing a credit in English Language at the Cambridge School Certificate will also be considered provided they possess passes in at least two subjects at “Principal Level” and one subject at “Subsidiary Level” as well as the General Paper obtained on one certificate at the Cambridge Higher School Certificate Examinations.
- Qualification at 1.A above should have been obtained prior to qualification at 1.B above.
- Qualifications obtained after the closing date for the submission of application will not be accepted.
Candidates should be between 18 and 40 years of age by the closing date for the submission of applications.
- CONDITIONS OF TRAINING AND ALLOWANCE
- The selected candidates will be required to follow a two-year training course, both theoretical and practical, in all aspects of the work of an Educator (Primary), leading to the award of a Teacher’s Diploma (Primary) at such institution as may be approved.
- Trainee Educators (Primary) will, during the training period, draw an allowance in the scale of Rs 12,425 x 250 – 12,925 a month plus compensation at approved rates. They will, however, have to meet from their allowance their expenditure on such items as books, travelling and such articles of personal equipment as required.
- On successful completion of their training and as and when vacancies occur, Trainee Educators (Primary) will be considered for appointment to the grade of Educator (Primary). The post of Educator (Primary) carries salary in scale Rs 17,675 x 450 – 19,475 x 600 – 20,675 x 750 – 29,675 x 900 – 34,175 x 1200 – 36,575 a month plus salary compensation at approved rates.
Selected candidates will be required after serving for a satisfactory trial period of 15 days, to enter into a bond (which will start as from the date of enlistment ) together with two sureties in the sum of three hundred thousand rupees (Rs 300,000) to the effect that they will follow and complete the course of training and thereafter serve in the Roman Catholic Aided Primary Schools in Mauritius for a period of five years as from the date of appointment as Educator (Primary).
- SELECTION PROCEDURE
- Eligible candidates may be required to sit for a written competitive examination which may be held around July/August 2015.
- The Roman Catholic Education Authority reserves the right to convene only the best qualified candidates for interview.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Qualified candidates should call between 9.30 hours and 15.30 hours at the Roman Catholic Education Authority, 1, Célicourt Antelme Street, Rose-Hill, Mauritius, to obtain the prescribed form.
- All candidates should submit their application (i) on the prescribed form together with one photocopy of their academic and birth certificates.
- This advertisement together with the application form are available on the website of the Bureau l’Education Catholique and the diocese of Port-Louis at http://www.bec-mauritius.org and http://www.dioceseportlouis.org respectively.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the application form may cause elimination of candidates from the competition.
Other details will be made available to applicants at the seat of the Roman Catholic Education Authority, at 1, Célicourt Antelme Street, Rose Hill, Mauritius.
Applications should reach the Director, Bureau of Catholic Education (RCEA), 1, Célicourt Antelme Street, Rose-Hill, Mauritius, not later than 3 p.m. on Thursday 9 July 2015.
Roman Catholic Education Authority
1, Célicourt Antelme Street
24 June 2015